Research and written assignment
1. Use the Internet to research the history of the fast food chain McDonald’s and explain which parts of the SCAMPER model are evident in its development onto its current success.
Below, you can see a SCAMPER method, which is a main key to questions 2 and 3.
Points, which were used in McDonalds:
– combine drive-in with restaurant
– cheap with fast,
– partnership with Disney/Pixar
– cut prices
– adds a breakfast line to the menu, happy meal ( gains more children customers)
– Wi-Fi service in selected restaurants with Nintendo DS video games.
– change design to more eye-catching appearance – Golden Arches
– The fried apple pie is replaced with a baked apple pie.
– 2002: McDonald’s introduces a new menu board design featuring realistic photos of its products against a blue-white gradient background.
– as The McChicken sandwich failed, they eliminate sandwich and decide to serve only chicken as Chicken McNuggets – prove successful.
– possibility to organize a children party