For this activity your goal is to create a spacious, full-color, visualization of the Graphic Design course structure. The level of detail, and structure, is up to each student.
The point of creating this infographic is for you as a budding designer to reflect on you current skill level and where you want to be heading.
It is possible for you to use any type of tools to create this visualization – even 3D software.
The information graphic is the final draft of the image that you will present to the forum.
Research other written artists’ statements where they are commonly used to complement and explain pieces of art. However you will be writing this statement about your creative identity and/or reflections about your future as a designer.
Bear in mind that your statement is to be no more then 400 letter. This means that it needs to be a highly reflected and concisely written text.
Much information can be found through online searches. Post qustions in our Mandatory Assignment 00 – Design Journey support forum for this activity.
Help to get you started
The following questions have been provided to help get you started in self-reflection and may help you design your final information graphic:
- What has inspired you while working through GRA1?
- Have you changed any opinions about creative work during GRA1?
- What skill/styles would you like to further develop through you second year?
- What do you want to do in three years time? How does this affect how / what you want to learn now?
- What are you good at? (not just technical skills)
- What are you poor at?
- What would be your ideal learning environment in three years time?
- How much creative risk-taking have you done leading upto GRA2?
- How much play do you enjoy in your creative production process?
- How structured are you, your workplace and your methods of working?
- What if all the ‘answers’ to the above were the opposite?
- What do you need to learn more of? Why