A Knack for Names
Consider the tips on Inspiration given in your prescribed book and create a name for an ice cream. The ice cream has a range of different flavours, but the unique aspect it should communicate is the fact that it is the coldest ice cream in existence. Now come up with five name options for this product (you should not spend more than a few minutes on each name) using inspiration from:
- Latin – Gelidus
- Colours – Azure
- Metaphors – Frozen Dreams
- Science – Nitrogenic
- Myths – Boreas
The Components of Visual Identity
- Name the three most important components of visual identity. – Logo, colors and typography.
- Describe the difference between logotype and signature. – Logotype is all text in a logo, a signature is a complete logo – the logotype and all other elements e.g. a symbol.
- Using Kuler create a colour scheme (using only three colours in each set) for the following products:
- A rich chocolate cake that is made from real chocolate. The keyword here is “quality”.
- A courier company that delivers internationally by air, land and sea – their main focus is fast delivery.
- An international insurance company that focuses on family values.
- Write your name in four different typefaces, according to the following criteria. Use a typeface that:
- expresses a unique quality about you
- is inspired by your favourite food
- makes your name look sophisticated
- is drawn by hand